Family Timelines

Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers

About Us

My photo
Laura, Len, Emily, Elizabeth and Cora. This blog will be written by all of us, but mostly Laura.

Thursday, May 14, 2009

7month Update

Seven Months Old Already!


Emily turned seven months old on May 10th, Mother's Day! (Coincidently, it was also the day she had temporary 'mommy-only' phase. Of course, I didn't mind.)

Anyway, in other news: We took Gran-Gran to the dentist the other day. She was having some surgery so we were there for about an hour and a half. The girl and I took the opportunity to have a picnic. We saw a frog or some sort of creature sitting vertically against the railing. Later a very green lizard strolled up and puffed out its red chin. I tried to get a picture, but it proved too elusive for me. Emily's favorite part was the exterior of the building. It was a very nice brick building. She had a great time touching the rough surface. We're still having fun with our new camera phones so Mommy and Emily posed for a picture and sent it to Daddy.


On an unrelated note:
We received a child sized rocking chair from our church friends the Jankowskis recently. Look how cute this girl is in it! Plus, what better excuse to show a happy baby face!


On another unrelated note:
It's happened. Emily is big enough to pull herself standing. Unfortunately, this is the best evidence I could capture. At the moment, we had laid her on her tummy for a nap, closed the door and thought things were fine! Yeah, right. When Len and I opened the door, she's standing there, clinging to the back rail and while we're watching, bumps her head on the wall...As a result, we have cleared her crib of bumpers and lowered it two notches. Why two? Simple...notch one had a malfunctioning lock...
(silent film)



I want to let you guys know that Len is a wonderful daddy! Besides being the best one at making Emily laugh and smile, I've caught him enjoying a snuggle now and then and he's reading Japanese to her. Oddly enough, Emily is more facinated by Japanese speech than English. On top of all this, Len is being such a trooper because I'm in a play with rehearsals three nights a week. I often return to them playing or (attempting) a nap on the floor watching a Baby Einstein's Lullaby video. So, when you see Len, let him know he's doing an awesome job. Finally, just because it's so cute to see Len and Emily sharing a nap...I thought I'd share it with you too.

No comments:

Post a Comment