Family Timelines

Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers

About Us

My photo
Laura, Len, Emily, Elizabeth and Cora. This blog will be written by all of us, but mostly Laura.

Tuesday, December 4, 2012

The Cora Adventure...

...is just starting.


 Cora Lei arrived on November 23, 2012 weighing 7 lbs, 4.4oz. at 19.5inches. Our visit to the hospital was pretty much uneventful. I had two fabulous nurses, but one could've been a surgeon. Holly was my nurse for 1.5 of my three days. (For working 12 hour shifts, they changed stations pretty fast.) She was cool and personal. I truly felt like the only patient in the hospital when she was there. Next, I need praise Erica. She assisted the anesthesiologist and stayed with me through the entire procedure, talking me through the steps and just constantly letting me know what was going on at any particular moment. She even took our first picture for us in the OR.




Cora has taken very well to breastfeeding. (The other two did not.) I'm liking it very much just because the lack of dishes to be washed and sterilized everyday! I'm still not onboard with those women who claim that breastfeeding such a glowing and bonding experience...every time that little creature latches on, I have to stop myself from pulling away! IT HURTS! But I do love her and think she's adorable a moment later.

Sounds like it's been a breeze, doesn't it? Hardly. It's kind of a blur, so here's the summary:
Len started sneezing blood and required a doctor visit for him. Result: sinus infection, BIG blue, nasty-tasting pills.
Cora's pediatric visit went great except for her jaundice. Result: three consecutive days of lab visits to the hospital before the levels start coming down. (But kudos to the C'ville Medical Lab for letting me use their privacy curtain to nurse her while I was waiting for a ride.)
Emily had lost her appetite and had some gummy eyes. Doctor visit for Em. Result: Flu Type A (so much for that flu shot), infection to the eye and an ear infection. 5 days of excruciating (for the parents) of eye drops and 10 days of antibiotics.
Lizzie's illness was delayed. She picked up the gummy eyes this past Sunday. We decided to go with the eye drops for her too because she has not displayed any other symptoms.
Oh me, yeah, still recovering from major surgery and on two kinds of pain killers, so while my body is feels like dancing in a Broadway musical, my emotions are on the latest Six Flags roller coaster and I'm in tears pretty much all day for five days.

Emily finally getting to hold Cora
All in all, a week later, we're feeling more like our old selves and enjoying the generosity of wonderful friends and neighbors. We're far from establishing a family routine, but surprisingly, all five of us are still here and the house is relatively straightened.

Now, who's gonna come over and help me fold this pile of laundry?  ;)

No comments:

Post a Comment