Family Timelines

Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers

About Us

My photo
Laura, Len, Emily, Elizabeth and Cora. This blog will be written by all of us, but mostly Laura.

Thursday, February 4, 2010

Things Emily can say or point to when named...

Emily is talking up a storm lately so I thought I'd list out what is likely to be heard from her mouth besides "ahbasa mmmehba cheshshama"

Emily can recognize and point to many objects in a picture or go to retrieve a toy such as:
  • giraffe
  • bunny
  • cat
  • apple
  • book
  • (glass of) milk
  • ball
  • many animals (i.e. zebra, dog, fish, pic, cow, horse, cat, cat, etc.)

Emily has been heard saying the simplified syllables of the following:
  • cat
  • bear
  • ball
  • book
  • mom
  • dad/tousan
  • bunny
  • giraffe
  • love you

Emily has been heard actually speaking in very recognizable forms:
  • moo - as in the sound a cow makes
  • cat
  • ruff - as in the sound a dog makes
  • up
  • uh-oh
  • "fft" - as in the sound Len's Nerf gun makes
  • bye-bye (newest one, just today!)

So, there we have it. I'm sure I've forgotten some of the one-hit-wonders that have popped out, but I'm still a proud mama! If you haven't heard her talking to you yet, I hope one day you'll get to hear it.

Other things that Emily does when asked are "take this to mom/dad", "put the 'blank' in the basket", "go to Emily's room", among other things!

More Emily "tricks"
  • give kisses
  • blow kisses
  • wave bye-bye
  • shakes her head 'no'
  • drive mom and dad batty
Things Emily likes to do:
  • drive mom and dad batty
  • play chase
  • read books
  • stack up then knock down blocks (although she prefers the knocking down part more)
  • color then try to eat the crayon
  • be tickled
  • find different uses for a sheet/blanket such as 1. a swing mommy or daddy needed, 2. fort, or 3. hiding place for peek-a-boo

1 comment:

  1. We experienced her shaking her head no-no and say uh-oh. She also told Bonkers no-no when he wanted to give her kisses. We sure do love little Bundle and her mom and dad too!

    ReplyDelete